I was inspired to write this post when I read Tat’s blog. I thought now would be a good time to start jotting down the things that we, as newly proud parents, would want to do with our baby Light when she comes out. Then, tick them off one by one. 🙂
Note: Not in any kind of order. 🙂
My Bucket List
- Bring her to the park
- Have a family picnic
- Hang out in a coffee shop while I do my thing and she reads a book
- Read her a bed time story
- Dress her up in cute outfits
- Walk the dog, Sir Royce (our cute English bulldog, AKA the coolest dog in the Philippines)
- Bake cookies
- Have midnight snack ‘coz we can’t sleep
- Take her to a museum
- Bring her to a Harry Potter amusement park
- Teach her how to swim
- Bring her to the beach
- Watch classic Disney movies
- Commute in the Philippines (jeep, taxi, LRT/MRT)
- Have brunch on a Sunday (‘coz brunches are better on Sundays)
His Bucket List
- Riding a Bike – she has to learn because mommy won’t.
- Anime “appreciation” – it’s the inspiration to her name after all.
- Cook meat. Her mother won’t eat beef nor pork. I’ll be the one to introduce the awesome greatness of meat.
- Give her a freaking camera – Record her life. See the beauty. Learn this practical skill. It’ll help her appreciate everything.
- Preach about how crazy boys are and that she should not let her guard down!!
- Finish all Harry Potter books…movies…..and audiobooks. And laugh at memes.
- I’ll consider makeovers…when she is still small.
- Teach her SEO so she can manage her own blog!
- Build a brand – Her name = her own brand. Hence this blog and eventually, her social media presence. Advertisers and agencies, jump on this now!
- Camp out, on a beach side, not the jungle.
- Video Games – she has to appreciate this. Kids today can’t hold a fork due to these iPads, iPhone apps, Androids. Console gaming is key to better practical skills. Hand eye coordination and brain skills = WIN.
- Make her appreciate wrestling and other sports.
- A date!